The [Tue_Printer] or the [Tue_Printer_PS] printer driver is installed on TU/e computers and laptops that have a Windows operating system. Follow this instruction if you want to install the [Tue_Printer_Mac] printer driver on a Mac OS X system (version 10.11 and higher).
- Download the installation file (.ppd).
- Put the file in a folder that is available to all users of the Mac system.
Tip: Use the shared folder: Macintosh HD:Users:Shared.
- Click Apple menu→ System Preferences → [Printers & Scanners].
- Click the plus-button (+) to add the new printer.
- Click the [IP] tab.
- Enter in the [Address] field: <username>@caneiswrps03.ps10.mycanonprint.nl
Replace <username> with your personal user name on the TU/e network.
For example: email@example.com
- Select in the [Protocol] field: [Line Printer Daemon - LPD].
- Select in the [Queue] field: TUE_Printer_PS
- Enter in the [Name] field: Tue_Printer_Mac
- Select in the [Location] field: [Tue].
- Select in the [Use] field: [Other].
- Browse to the file you have downloaded and click [Open].
- Click [Add] and set the options as indicated below. Then, click [OK].
- Set the [Tue_Printer_Mac] as your default printer as follows. Right-click the new printer and select [Set as default printer].
- If required, you can remove the downloaded file.