Students need print credit to print jobs at the Canon printers and to start copy jobs. Your current print credit is displayed in the TU/e print portal and in the Campus Print app.
- The TU/e can assign print credit to your account. This print credit is called: Start credit.
- If your print credit is used up, you can top up new print credit. This print credit is called: Private credit.
- In the print portal and in the Campus Print app you can pay for print credit with the following payment methods: iDEAL, MasterCard, Visa, Sofort Banking, Bancontact and PayPal. (Top up your private print credit in the TU/e print portal, Top up your private print credit in the Campus Print app).
- The TU/e can assign print credit to a workgroup. For example, a workgroup can consist of students that collaborate in a project. If your group has been defined in the print portal, you can print using the Group credit of the group. At the Canon printer, you are requested which print credit you want to use: your private print credit or group credit.
- If you no longer want to print, you can request a private credit refund. Go to the print portal or use the Campus print app to request a private credit refund. (Request a print credit refund in the TU/e print portal, Request private credit refund in the Campus Print app)
- You can enable automatic top-up of private credit. To enable the automatic top-up, it is needed to issue an authorization. After you enable the automatic top-up, the indicated private credit amount is automatically topped up and being debited from your bank account. (What is automatic top-up of print credit, Enable and disable automatic top-up of print credit)